Tuesday 18 August 2015

August Favourites- Collab with Laura!


Today I have a super exciting blog post!

I am collaborating with Laura Gale from Lala London. Laura has been a great help to me whilst I've been starting my blog and her blog is amazing! She blogs about all things beauty and lifestyle so you must check it out! Follow her on Bloglovin here.

We are both discussing our August favourites, so here we go...



I wouldn't be able to make a favourites post without mentioning the foundation that I have been in love with for the past few months.

L' Oreal Paris True Match foundation:
Retail Price: £9.99

I use the shade Rose Vanilla in this foundation and have found that it is the perfect shade for me, both in the winter and summer. Therefore, I have found this quickly becoming my go-to foundation.


Packaging-

The packaging of this foundation is nice. The glass bottle allows for easy indication of when a new foundation may need to be purchased. The pump also makes it easy to control how much foundation comes out with each pump.

Application-

I would say that this foundation provides a medium coverage, however, is very buildable depending on the amount of coverage you desire. The consistency is quite runny but I find that this makes it much easier to blend when compared to some other foundations I have tried.
Although frowned upon by many beauty bloggers, I personally like to use my fingers to blend out my foundation- not only are fingers hygienic, I also find that I can create a flawless finish without leaving any brush streaks. The overall finish of this product is slightly dewy before powder is applied.

Price-

At £9.99 this foundation Is good value for money. I find that a bottle can last up to 2 months as a little definitely goes a long way. Definitely a foundation that I would recommend trying!


Makeup Revolution Ultra Bronze:
Retail Price: £3.00

The Makeup Revolution bronzer is available from Superdrug and is a bargain at just £3.00!
It is a matte bronzer and as far as I'm aware is only available in one shade.

I have swatched this product (the one closest to my hand) the darker swatch relates to my following product.



Packaging-

The packaging may appear slightly cheap looking due to possessing a plastic minimalistic look. This, however, doesn't bother me at as I believe that the product inside makes up for this downfall.

Application-
The bronzer has a very nice pay-off and on my fair skin tone I can nicely use as little or as much as a like of the product, depending on the look I'm going for (and whether I've been sitting in the sun!) With a light hand this product is easily blended to create a really lovely glow to the skin.

Price-

Who can complain at this price?!


Wild About Beauty Golden Skin Glow:
Retail Price: £21.00

This is a product that I've recently been introduced to. A family friend had a beauty party and this is the brand of products that we were introduced to. The brand itself was created by Louise Redknapp and consists of many lovely products.

I will start off by saying that the products are more expensive than those found on the high street, therefore, I was only able to pick up this product.


 Packaging-

I love the packaging of this product! It's a handy tube with a pump which is easily controlled to release just the right amount of product.


Application-

The product itself first appears to be a very dark bronzed colour (the swatch is the one furthest from my hand). This might look scary at first, however, it blends out A LOT! I use it in the same places as I would if I was contouring my face after I've applied foundation. After it's been blended it adds a lovely glow and is especially useful if you have a tan and want to add slightly more colour to your face.

Price-

I must admit this is a pricey product at £21.00. It does, however, give a really nice result and gives your face an extra glow. I have also yet to see anything similar on the high street.


The swatches didn't do the Makeup Revolution bronzer much justice so here's a picture which hopefully shows the true colour!


Batiste Dry Shampoo:
Retail Price- £2.99

I have always been a fan of dry shampoo and without it I'm sure I would have to be washing my hair everyday! It gives me the much needed freshness in between washes, whilst revitalising my hair by getting rid of the appearance of grease and adding some much needed volume.



At the moment I'm using the scent 'Cool and Crisp' I really like this scent and in my opinion it's nice and fresh. I have, however, read some reviews describing this scent as 'overpowering' and 'horrible'. I guess this scent might be another marmite- you either love it or hate it!

So that's all for my Favourites this month. Don't forget to check out Lala Loondon's blog for even more!




                                                                                 













2 comments:

  1. Lovely picks doll! Really enjoyed collaborating with you & if you ever need any more help, you know where I am!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laura! The help means a lot! :) xx

    ReplyDelete