Monday 10 August 2015

Bourjois Beautiful

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

So here it goes.. my first ever blog post!

Yesterday I managed to take advantage of the 3 for 2 deal that was taking place on all Bourjois products within my local Superdrug. Of course I couldn't resist the temptation of adding to my makeup collection. I ended up buying the Rouge Edition Velvet in shade 12 (Beau brun), Colour Band Eyeshadow in the shade Beige Minimaliste a long with the Feutre Eyeliner in Ultra Black.
 




BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET- Shade 12 (Beau brun)
Retail price: £8.99


What the Product claims:

 'Bold, matte and long-lasting colour with 24hr hold. It's lightweight, velvety texture and non-drying formula gives extreme comfort that doesn't smudge! From sassy reds to vibrant pinks and everyday nudes there is a colour to suit every occasion' (Superdrug).

The Product:

Packaging:


I am a big fan of this Packaging. The clear plastic surrounding the product provides a very sleek finish, also allowing for the colour of the product to show through. This makes it much easier to spot within a makeup bag and provides a nice alternative to the usual lipstick packaging. The applicator is a Doe foot. I feel like this may be something that people will either love or hate. In my opinion I really like this type of applicator due to the ease of application it provides. I also feel like it works well with the consistency of this product.





Consistency:

I would describe this product as a perfect mix between a lip gloss and lipstick. An added bonus is that the shade that I picked has a matte finish. This may not sit well with some people, however, I do quite like matte lip products and the finish they give. When first applied the consistency is much like a lip gloss and feels velvety rather than sticky. Within a few seconds the product starts to dry to a matte finish, however, remains comfortable to wear rather than feeling drying.



Colour:

The shade I picked was number 12. The only way I can describe this shade is a mix between red and beige. The outcome is a really lovely colour which I can imagine being wearable on many different skin tones. In my opinion, the colour on my lips looks slightly more red when compared to the more natural shade which can be seen through the packaging. I don't feel like this is a shade I could wear everyday, however, think it would look lovely on a night out.






Durability:

The fact that this is a matte shade results in an increased durability when compared to some lipsticks that I have tried in the past. The fact that this product dries on the lips results in very little transfer and I have found that one application can last onwards of four hours depending on the circumstances. For example, after eating this product would most likely need to be re-applied, However, I did find that the product still remained in fairly good shape even after eating.

Price:

This product retails at £8.99. I would say this is at a relatively high point in the spectrum of high street lip products. I do, however, feel like it is spending slightly more on a product which truly does deliver nearly exactly what it says on the packaging.

Final Verdict:

5/5

I would rate this product at a 5 out of 5. I loved nearly every aspect of this product and would love to get my hands on some of the other more neutral shades which may be easier for everyday wear.



BOURJOIS COLOUR BAND EYESHADOW- Shade Beige Minimaliste

Retail price: £5.99

What the product claims:


'Colorband Eyeshadow & Liner. Creamy texture & intense colour' (superdrug).

The Product:

Packaging:

This product looks similar to the other crayon-type products which have recently made their way to the high street. Other brands with very similar products include the likes of Clinique, Rimmel and Revlon. I do quite like this packaging as it takes up minimal space. However, I feel like the size of the shadow stick can make it difficult to apply the product accurately. Therefore, a regular eyeliner design may exceed in relation to ease of application.







Consistency:

This product glides onto the skin easily. The consistency is neither too hard or too soft, therefore, tugging of the eyelids is not a problem here.

Colour:

The shade I picked up was Beige Minimaliste. I love neutral shades which can be used a highlighting tool, and that is exactly what this is! Unlike many highlighting eye products which tend to have a cool base-tone such a silver. This product has a lovely golden undertone to it. As a result, it makes for a lovely product to use on the inner corners of the eyelids or as an all-over base for eyeshadow. This product also comes in five other shades ranging from black to mauve.





Durability:

This product has the same staying power as the majority of other eyeshadow crayons that I have used. It lasts fairly well and can be used to create a really lovely eye look!

Price:

At a price of £5.99 this product is in the mid-range as far as high street products go. There are, however, many cheaper alternatives on the market which give a very similar result. An example being the Makeup Academy Colour Blast Eyeshadow Tints for just £3.00.

Final Verdict:

3/5
I awarded this product a 3 out of 5 due to the vast array of alternatives that are available at a cheaper price. This product is, however, a lovely colour and provides a really nice bronze sheen to the eyes.

BOURJOIS FEUTRE EYELINER-  shade Ultra Black.
Retail price: £6.99

What the product claims:

'Its soft felt-tip eyeliner makes it easy to apply and has a long-lasting effect to give you that precise, bold and ultra black make-up result' (Superdrug).

The Product:

Packaging:

I really like the packaging of this product. It feels very sleek and is very slim. It is shaped like an hourglass which makes a nice change to the usual straight up and down. Unfortunately the packaging of this product is where the pros end (at least in my opinion).







Consistency:

The consistency of this product 'was' nice for the time it lasted (that being the application of eyeliner to one eye). It glided on smoothly allowing for a good amount of control.

Colour:

For the time that I used this product before it completely dried out and became unusable, the colour pay-off was very nice. This unfortunately lasted until I moved onto my other eye and the product didn't release any colour at all! On the same day I went straight back to the Superdrug at which I had bought this product and changed it for a different Bourjois eyeliner (review still to come) hence the lack of pictures.

Durability:

Inexistent! I was unable to find out how durable this product was due to only being able to apply it to one eye. Unfortunately I wasn't keen on the idea of walking around with eyeliner on only one eye.

Price:

This product retails for £6.99. In my opinion this is pretty pricey for a product which didn't actually work as an eyeliner for me at all. I may have bought a dodgy eyeliner which maybe had sat in the store for too long. Although I have read other reviews which have claimed a similar experience.

Final Verdict:

1/5

I had really high hopes for this product and was disappointed at the results that I received. I would not recommend this product and would advise that you try a similar eyeliner from an alternative brand such as the L'Oreal Paris Superliner which also retails at £6.99






                                                                      *FREE SUNGLASSES ALERT*

Along with the 3 for 2 offer on the Bourjois products in Superdrug, you also receive a FREE pair of sunglasses! Now I know that we don't receive much sun here in England but these are a pretty good pair of sunglasses considering they were free. Another reason to take advantage of this great offer!








































2 comments:

  1. Woo! Really enjoyed reading your first post Ellie, welcome to the blogosphere! That Color Band looks amazing, may have to get my hands on that!xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Laura! The Color Band is such a lovely colour! Might have to try a few more myself :') xx

      Delete