Friday 14 August 2015

Does the perfect eyeliner really exist??



So today I will be trying to answer the question that I have asked myself numerous times... Does the perfect eyeliner really exist?



I personally love eyeliner, and there is rarely a day that goes by when I don't stare intensely into the mirror for at least 5 minutes to try and achieve the perfect swooping motion. On many occasions the eyeliner has got the better of me and I've ended up reaching for the makeup remover- with just a black smudge being left as the remains of my attempt.

I do feel, however, that I may have had a breakthrough in terms of finding the 'perfect' eyeliner!

I have tried many eyeliners in my search for the 'perfect' eyeliner, but I wont bore you so here are just a few:

     Retail Price: £2.99

This Collection eyeliner has been my favourite for many years. Although I knew it wasn't perfect, it provided me with the performance that I was looking for. Although not the blackest eyeliner I have used, nor the longest lasting, I always had great control and could create any type of liner look that I desired. The price of this product is also a massive bonus!


The fact that I purchased this eyeliner more than three times over may indicate how much I loved it!

Score:  4/5


2.  L'Oreal Paris Superliner Superstar Black
     Retail Price: £6.99

As you can tell, I do like my felt liners. This eyeliner is very similar to the previous Collection eyeliner, however, has a slightly more curvaceous tip, allowing for a potentially more accurate application. It's performance is good and very long lasting so there will be no need to re-apply during the day! If price is a deciding factor for you, I would definitely go for the Collection eyeliner as both provide a very similar performance.

Score: 3.5/5


3. The Body Shop Liquid Eyeliner
    Retail Price: £9.00

This eyeliner is in the upper price range for a high street brand. I must admit that I don't feel like this is worth the money when compared to the other eyeliners I have tried. As previously mentioned, I'm not the biggest fan of liquid eyeliners, although I do feel that they last longer before drying out which is a bonus! I found that this eyeliner was difficult to apply due to the stiffness of the tip, making it difficult to create a nice curve. The actual formulation of the product I found to be very runny, to the point that it took a very long time to dry. This eyeliner, however, does provide a blacker finish when compared to the other felt liners I have tried.



Score: 3/5

 Now for the 'pièce de résistance'...
      
4.  Bourjois Liner Pinceau Ultra Black
     Retail Price: £6.99   


I can honestly say that this is the best eyeliner I have ever tried. Now this is a surprise even to myself due to the fact that it is in fact a LIQUID eyeliner!


If you read my previous post you may know that I replaced my Bourjois Feutre Eyeliner ( definitely do not try this one!). Anyway, this is the one that it got replaced by and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I picked up this one instead. I went from the worst eyeliner I had ever tried to the best within the space of a day!

For me, this product is perfect in everyway. It has a thin brush which seems to magically transfer eyeliner from the bottle onto the eyelid with no effort at all! I no longer have to deal with smudging as this product lasts ALL day, and I can achieve the perfect look within a matter of seconds!






I can't recommended this product enough and would definitely say to all of those people who are still searching for their 'perfect' eyeliner to give this one a go.

Score: 5/5



2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Ellie! The only one I get on with is the L'oreal super liner, and even then it's not perfect! Will bare this one in mind xx



    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      yeah I really liked that one too! Couldn't believe how much I liked the Bourjois one though :) xx

      Delete